Simple Centrifuge
Clean waste vegetable oil (WVO), bio diesel, lube oils, and even hydraulic oil in your garage
Main
Ordering
History
FAQ
Contact
Lab Centrifuge
Gallery
Videos
About
 
Photo Gallery - This gallery represents the work over several years. Some designs have been replaced and/or updated as time progressed. Most images contain a date stamp visable on the large version. Please note the date when viewing. We are always experimenting with new concepts and designs. If you have any questions about any photo please contact us.
Total photos in gallery 1280 - Latest photo update 2016/07/11 12:37:36
Asterisk(*) indicates new photos in the past 30 days
Adapter 56C to 56J ( 15 )
Algae Recovery ( 42 )
Bacterial fermentation ( 1 )
Balancer Mandrels ( 8 )
Bearing replacement ( 25 )
Botry Culture ( 2 )
Building a gantry ( 16 )
Chestnut Extract ( 9 )
CNC Coolant ( 6 )
Coconut Oil ( 8 )
Construction ( 43 )
Contaminated diesel ( 2 )
Craig's Machine ( 31 )
Cross Drill End Bell ( 10 )
Crude oil ( 5 )
Custom motor shaft ( 23 )
Experimental Motor ( 19 )
Explosion proof motor ( 3 )
Feed Cone ( 29 )
Feed Cone with Fins ( 6 )
Feed Tube ( 3 )
Filter Paper ( 7 )
Ford on WMO ( 2 )
Foundry ( 5 )
Foundry 2 ( 18 )
Gear pump ( 2 )
Grinding fluid ( 19 )
Grinding fluid 2 ( 14 )
Heaters ( 9 )
History ( 11 )
Homemade Diesel ( 7 )
Homemade diesel 2 ( 41 )
Homemade Diesel 3 ( 15 )
Homemade Diesel 4 ( 12 )
How it works ( 3 )
Hydraulic Oil ( 3 )
Keyless Bushing ( 11 )
Lab Centrifuge ( 16 )
Lab Centrifuge 2 ( 18 )
Lapidary Cutting Oil ( 2 )
Lock motor shaft ( 6 )
Magnesol removal ( 6 )
Microwave heater ( 7 )
Misc. Mods ( 4 )
Mitsubishi 4x4 on WMO ( 10 )
New Feed Cone ( 16 )
New Feed Tube ( 7 )
New Rotor 2013 ( 24 )
New rotor design ( 16 )
Oil and Contaminants ( 42 )
Oil Skimmer ( 8 )
Our Shop ( 37 )
Peristaltic Pump ( 29 )
Powder Coating ( 10 )
Renderings ( 8 )
Retrofit rotor for WVOD ( 17 )
Rework Mount ( 10 )
Rotor fins ( 34 )
Rotor Fins One Piece ( 6 )
Seal ( 6 )
Sea Weed ( 4 )
Sediment removal ( 16 )
See thru lid - Building ( 16 )
See thru lid - Testing ( 28 )
Skim Tube ( 56 )
Skim Tube for VCO ( 8 )
Small Settling Tank ( 14 )
Tanks ( 9 )
Tanks - Complete System ( 13 )
Tap drain ( 10 )
Testing Seal Screws ( 6 )
Tests by fuelfarmer ( 22 )
Turn key machine ( 38 )
Two part rotor ( 30 )
Ultrasonic filter cleaning ( 8 )
Updates ( 26 )
Users Machines ( 34 )
Vacuum pickup ( 3 )
VW on WMO ( 7 )
Water-Oil Seperator ( 7 )
Water trap ( 5 )
Wine Clarification ( 4 )
WVO Heat Tests ( 7 )
WVO Pump ( 6 )
WVO Tests ( 14 )
History
Photos in this section show the development of the simple centrifuge over a period of two years.
This is our first centrifuge attempt, the This is our first bowl centrifuge from August 2005. Pipe fittings on the drill press but it proved it would work. This rotor only processed about 2 gallons of our nastiest oil. We knew we had a winner idea. This is our first machine from October 2005. The housing was too small, lacked seals, and the splash wall but it worked! Those items would come later.
This is our first centrifuge attempt, the "Lab Centrifuge" from July 2005. We have a page devoted to this here. This is our first bowl centrifuge from August 2005. Pipe fittings on the drill press but it proved it would work. This rotor only processed about 2 gallons of our nastiest oil. We knew we had a winner idea. This is our first machine from October 2005. The housing was too small, lacked seals, and the splash wall but it worked! Those items would come later.
This is a rare photo from the first machine. Look at the water droplets it collected. It worked well. If any picture shows what the centrifuge can do this is it. This picture shows what the oil looked like going in. It was amazing.
This is a rare photo from the first machine. Look at the water droplets it collected. It worked well. If any picture shows what the centrifuge can do this is it. This picture shows what the oil looked like going in. It was amazing.
Soon after we built a new housing from steel plate. This has proven to be a very durable and flexible housing. In May 2006 we water tested our belt drive version of the centrifuge. It was based on a table saw arbor. At 6900 RPM this machine does over 5000g. We used this for 6 months. In October 2006 we switch back to the direct drive with our new rotor design.
Soon after we built a new housing from steel plate. This has proven to be a very durable and flexible housing. In May 2006 we water tested our belt drive version of the centrifuge. It was based on a table saw arbor. At 6900 RPM this machine does over 5000g. We used this for 6 months. In October 2006 we switch back to the direct drive with our new rotor design.
In January of 2007 we introduced the self draining bowl. This has been a huge time saver. This is a photo of our new three hole design. In May 2007 we completed the patterns for our cast body, lid, and legs. With all plumbed inlets and Viton seals it should prove wonderful. No more leaking oil all over the garage.  
In January of 2007 we introduced the self draining bowl. This has been a huge time saver. This is a photo of our new three hole design. In May 2007 we completed the patterns for our cast body, lid, and legs. With all plumbed inlets and Viton seals it should prove wonderful. No more leaking oil all over the garage.  
Numeric Control, LLC
PO Box 916
Morton, WA 98356