Simple Centrifuge
Clean waste vegetable oil (WVO), bio diesel, lube oils, and even hydraulic oil in your garage
Main
Ordering
History
FAQ
Contact
Lab Centrifuge
Gallery
Videos
About
 
Photo Gallery - This gallery represents the work over several years. Some designs have been replaced and/or updated as time progressed. Most images contain a date stamp visable on the large version. Please note the date when viewing. We are always experimenting with new concepts and designs. If you have any questions about any photo please contact us.
Total photos in gallery 1280 - Latest photo update 2016/07/11 12:37:36
Asterisk(*) indicates new photos in the past 30 days
Adapter 56C to 56J ( 15 )
Algae Recovery ( 42 )
Bacterial fermentation ( 1 )
Balancer Mandrels ( 8 )
Bearing replacement ( 25 )
Botry Culture ( 2 )
Building a gantry ( 16 )
Chestnut Extract ( 9 )
CNC Coolant ( 6 )
Coconut Oil ( 8 )
Construction ( 43 )
Contaminated diesel ( 2 )
Craig's Machine ( 31 )
Cross Drill End Bell ( 10 )
Crude oil ( 5 )
Custom motor shaft ( 23 )
Experimental Motor ( 19 )
Explosion proof motor ( 3 )
Feed Cone ( 29 )
Feed Cone with Fins ( 6 )
Feed Tube ( 3 )
Filter Paper ( 7 )
Ford on WMO ( 2 )
Foundry ( 5 )
Foundry 2 ( 18 )
Gear pump ( 2 )
Grinding fluid ( 19 )
Grinding fluid 2 ( 14 )
Heaters ( 9 )
History ( 11 )
Homemade Diesel ( 7 )
Homemade diesel 2 ( 41 )
Homemade Diesel 3 ( 15 )
Homemade Diesel 4 ( 12 )
How it works ( 3 )
Hydraulic Oil ( 3 )
Keyless Bushing ( 11 )
Lab Centrifuge ( 16 )
Lab Centrifuge 2 ( 18 )
Lapidary Cutting Oil ( 2 )
Lock motor shaft ( 6 )
Magnesol removal ( 6 )
Microwave heater ( 7 )
Misc. Mods ( 4 )
Mitsubishi 4x4 on WMO ( 10 )
New Feed Cone ( 16 )
New Feed Tube ( 7 )
New Rotor 2013 ( 24 )
New rotor design ( 16 )
Oil and Contaminants ( 42 )
Oil Skimmer ( 8 )
Our Shop ( 37 )
Peristaltic Pump ( 29 )
Powder Coating ( 10 )
Renderings ( 8 )
Retrofit rotor for WVOD ( 17 )
Rework Mount ( 10 )
Rotor fins ( 34 )
Rotor Fins One Piece ( 6 )
Seal ( 6 )
Sea Weed ( 4 )
Sediment removal ( 16 )
See thru lid - Building ( 16 )
See thru lid - Testing ( 28 )
Skim Tube ( 56 )
Skim Tube for VCO ( 8 )
Small Settling Tank ( 14 )
Tanks ( 9 )
Tanks - Complete System ( 13 )
Tap drain ( 10 )
Testing Seal Screws ( 6 )
Tests by fuelfarmer ( 22 )
Turn key machine ( 38 )
Two part rotor ( 30 )
Ultrasonic filter cleaning ( 8 )
Updates ( 26 )
Users Machines ( 34 )
Vacuum pickup ( 3 )
VW on WMO ( 7 )
Water-Oil Seperator ( 7 )
Water trap ( 5 )
Wine Clarification ( 4 )
WVO Heat Tests ( 7 )
WVO Pump ( 6 )
WVO Tests ( 14 )
Building a gantry
Not exactly centrifuge related but we recently built a taller shop gantry for lifting in the taller parts of our shop. We needed something that could lift a 500 lb furnace into it's final resting place.
I started with a wall mounted crane that a friend gave me a few years ago. None of our shop walls met the engineering requirements to install the crane. After a few years of moving it around I decided it was time to do the unthinkable... and cut it down and make a gantry. Next I cut all the steel. I pre-drilled two top plates.
I started with a wall mounted crane that a friend gave me a few years ago. None of our shop walls met the engineering requirements to install the crane. After a few years of moving it around I decided it was time to do the unthinkable... and cut it down and make a gantry. Next I cut all the steel. I pre-drilled two top plates.
I clamped the top plates to the underside of the I beam and drilled 1/2 This is the drilled I beam. The other end was drilled the same. This is how the top plate will be welded on.
I clamped the top plates to the underside of the I beam and drilled 1/2" holes. This is the drilled I beam. The other end was drilled the same. This is how the top plate will be welded on.
This is the top welded into place. This is a set of old heavy duty wheels I bought at the flea market. I welded the wheels on.
This is the top welded into place. This is a set of old heavy duty wheels I bought at the flea market. I welded the wheels on.
I also decided to weld some simple hooks on the top of the I beam to make it easier to lift. We lifted the I beam up to the ceiling using a some pulleys from the hardware store. The pulleys made the lifting effortless.
I also decided to weld some simple hooks on the top of the I beam to make it easier to lift. We lifted the I beam up to the ceiling using a some pulleys from the hardware store. The pulleys made the lifting effortless.
After we installed the uprights it was discovered I had made the uprights too tall... I forgot to subtract 3 inches. I guess I was in a hurry. We cut off the tops and removed 3 inches. Clamped everything really good and welded the top back on. Now the gantry can clear the lights by an inch.
After we installed the uprights it was discovered I had made the uprights too tall... I forgot to subtract 3 inches. I guess I was in a hurry. We cut off the tops and removed 3 inches. Clamped everything really good and welded the top back on. Now the gantry can clear the lights by an inch.
Here we are lifting the furnace into position. The gantry worked perfect. Not bad for some scrap materials.    
Here we are lifting the furnace into position. The gantry worked perfect. Not bad for some scrap materials.    
Numeric Control, LLC
PO Box 916
Morton, WA 98356